age no barrier

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that would be true, but I try to get to the gym a couple of times a week...nothing too stressfull, but it does help in recovery...in saying that I had a crazy stack on on Sunday at the Franga track, did a bit of a cartwheel heehee, bike stood up to the punishment, but I'm still in recovery, battered,bruised and limping.....needless to say havent been to the gym this week!! but I love it now...dont want to be standing on the sidelines like the other old fellas!!

Racing and riding took its toll on my body in my teens... I'm in dire need of a knee reco (just don't want the time off) and can dislocate both my shoulders intentionally due to injury loosening things up a touch. I'm 25, hope like hell I can ride/race at 40+ :D

Being out of shape doesn't help... My dad (63) is probably in better shape than I am :p

Ive got a mate who races 88 limited , hes 37 and hes one of the fastest out there and drinks xxxx between races and still is up the front.

I've got a mate who's an astronaut...

Just kidding man! There's lots of older fellas in the game and one advantage of age is experience... Never take the piss out of an old guy off the track, chances are he'll be flogging you once you're both on it!

My uncle was the Australian greybeard trials champion for a few years running... He's in his late 50's.

hey roost
we are healthy enough on race day but the day after thats another story

haha, yeah i pull up sore after race day also, the thing i don't get is i can go riding with mates all day and be fine the next day.......go racing, spend half the time on the bike and the next day im sore as hell lol i don't get it.

Racing and riding took its toll on my body in my teens... I'm in dire need of a knee reco (just don't want the time off) and can dislocate both my shoulders intentionally due to injury loosening things up a touch. I'm 25, hope like hell I can ride/race at 40+ :D

Being out of shape doesn't help... My dad (63) is probably in better shape than I am :p

I hear ya on the shoulder's man, tho mine don't pop out but if i am to reach around to my back or have my hands above my head for a few min's im in agony(hit a tree 4th tapped in an enduro once, shoulder's never been the same since)

haha, yeah i pull up sore after race day also, the thing i don't get is i can go riding with mates all day and be fine the next day.......go racing, spend half the time on the bike and the next day im sore as hell lol i don't get it.

I think that just shows that you're a competitive racer and will push like mad when you race :)

I hear ya on the shoulder's man, tho mine don't pop out but if i am to reach around to my back or have my hands above my head for a few min's im in agony(hit a tree 4th tapped in an enduro once, shoulder's never been the same since)

Ouch! I did my shoulders over a number of crashes... The best (worst) one involved 6th gear and a star picket :eek:

I think that just shows that you're a competitive racer and will push like mad when you race :)

Ouch! I did my shoulders over a number of crashes... The best (worst) one involved 6th gear and a star picket :eek:

Man that sounds gnarly as, didn't see it or???......star picket would suck to hit, ive only ever been close

Like others im glad theres some older/oldies here....i was worried when i bought my bike that i was too old, and the first few days after joinin Miniriders i felt really old....glad i stumbled on this post lol
im fast approaching the big 30 and like most oldies her had plenty of dirt racing,(yz250,yz426,Banshee) and road riding behind me, in the next month or so mine will be tarded so anyone in the Newcastle area looking to cause some trouble please feel free to PM me...

Wayne

hey wayne im in newy, are you going too race the next miniround at kurri on the 22nd of may entries forms are out now its awesome fun and you dont have to be good just enjoy,you can get a day license on the day if you dont have a race license
clunky

hey wayne im in newy, are you going too race the next miniround at kurri on the 22nd of may entries forms are out now its awesome fun and you dont have to be good just enjoy,you can get a day license on the day if you dont have a race license
clunky

Prob not mate....gettin the bike all tarded up :D

But ill be def there to have a peek....

36 here and still hit the track ever other weekend. One reason I ride motard is no jumps and bumps altho as a wise man once said - b1tchy hurts

Last edited:
Man that sounds gnarly as, didn't see it or???......star picket would suck to hit, ive only ever been close

Yeah, I connected with a rock first and was hanging off the side of the bike (lesson 1: never be afraid to let go), dragged sideways and star picket to the chest... I don't recommend it :p

Prob not mate....gettin the bike all tarded up :D

But ill be def there to have a peek....

i would reccomend riding kurri kurri its pretty tame track with only one tabeltop about 5-10ft long and in most cases you overjump it

and there is an over35s class too

Hey fellas,Im another Old dude,31years young looking to punish my body and bike and do a bit of racing. I have a DHZ 125.Its standard and I love it. I have read that I need bar ends which I have. What else will I need to race with you lunatics?? lol How do I go about getting started? Any help would be great. Im undecided weather to come watch the Kurri meeting then race the next meeting or jump straight in the deep end if possible.

See you all real soon...... Damon

well kurri kurri was on saturday 22nd so you missed that but there is another race on the 5th of june at cessnock

if you can afford it i would reccomend a bigger engine as you wont have too much chance on a 125 but i suppose it would be best if you just went to one an event with your current bike and see if you like then upgrade

hey dhz
kurri sucked i really hated the track and my bike was just not competitive in the sand i may as well have gone for a ride at the beach,mate bring your 125 out too cessnock on the 5th its going too be real fast flowing track and as i found at the lakes round on my 125 i was never going too beat the guys in front but gees i had a lot of fun trying,i think entries for cessnock have too be in this friday

Dont the 125 bikes have a class of their own? Do many blokes run 125 bikes?What modifications can be done?

i run a 125 the main not many things just keep it clean and get a good carby most of the shit like boost bottles do shit all

Ill be up at Cessnock to watch and hope to be racing at the next round.Cant wait to get amongst it.

Back