close to buying DHZ DPRO 160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kompatsu

Reaction score
hey guys,

after alot of think and reading, im very close to calling DHZ and telling them to send me up a DPRO 160.

i need that last little bit of convincing, other than the aftersales service, wat are more advantages? what is the re-sale value like?

re-sale value of pit bikes are shit, same with most motorcycles.. Only way you will get your money back is if you buy cheap second hand and look after it...

re-sale on all china bike no matter what brand they are have terrible resale value. Due to the fact that they are made in china and known to be unreliable. The Dpro is a good buy mate especially the price they are going for at the moment.

I have one and i has been great, although i am having motor trouble at the moment but no matter what china motor it was i would still be having the same problems.

Things to upgrade on it, Bars (pro tapers) i think ken is still throwing them in free with the bike. Uni filter the stock chinas are terrible. And you will want to upgrade your chain soon enough as the 160cc motors just pull the KMC chains apart. DID or RK are highly recommended.

I rip mine over the MX tracks all days and suspension hasnt been a problem, i just wound the rear spring out to soften the blows a bit.

Appart from that just read through these and you should be laughing

http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html

http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/12274-tricks-trade.html

yea, the 1st things to chang will b the air filter and chain.

quick question, your spose 2 drop the transport oil straight away, but is it alright to leave it in for the
1st tank to get all the left over casting metal, or should it be changed out straight away and waste a lt of new oil?

yea, the 1st things to chang will b the air filter and chain.

quick question, your spose 2 drop the transport oil straight away, but is it alright to leave it in for the
1st tank to get all the left over casting metal, or should it be changed out straight away and waste a lt of new oil?

shipping oil does very little for the engine, it would be best to run some castrol active 4t or motul 1000 which are about 12 bucks a litre (well i paid 12 for 1 lt of 4t from super cheap)

yep drop the oil straight away then drop again after running for 30mins, it's only $10 worth of oil, no point abusing your engine with that fish oil just to save $10

yea fair call. i just didnt know how bad the oil was.
how long do u recommend breaking in an engine? sum say 1 tank others say 3.

im thinking i am gonna call up 2morow and buy one, and hopefully get it before the weekend so im able 2 take it apart saturday, and break it in sunday.

no tanks just ride the thing and change the oil alot, ride it hard but don't rev the tits off it for the first 10hours or so....

Latest posts

Back