Cost of Machining Oil slinger for inner rotor kit.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epod

Reaction score
G'day miniriders, I just brought an inner Rotor Kit, but now I need somebody to machine the oil slinger for me so that the motor does not kick back. Does anybody know what I should pay for such a job and how much time the job takes? Cheers, hope you got a ride in today.

chech out roost as he knows how do that sort of stuff and for good prices

G'day miniriders, I just brought an inner Rotor Kit, but now I need somebody to machine the oil slinger for me so that the motor does not kick back. Does anybody know what I should pay for such a job and how much time the job takes? Cheers, hope you got a ride in today.

it wont stop kick back (if any thing it will make it worse) but it must be done or you will destroy crank as you have just lightened one side considerably and the other has the weight that use to counterract the wieght you have just removed.One side will spin up super fast leaving the other behind resulting in a mighty BANG. If this mod is being run with a HC piston DO NOT KICK START ,ONLY BUMP START or you will be looking for a new engine case( to be on the safe side bump start it even if it does not HC piston, kick start it only in emergency

^^^ ONLY on this site have i heard this about IRK's

If you advance the timing to much thats when things go wrong.. Big discusions about IRK mods on planetmini's site and if you put a IRK on dont lighten the oil slinger, is said over and over again.. You can lighten the flywheel and he oil slinger but not have a lighen'd oil sling with IRK..

^^^ ONLY on this site have i heard this about IRK's

If you advance the timing to much thats when things go wrong.. Big discusions about IRK mods on planetmini's site and if you put a IRK on dont lighten the oil slinger, is said over and over again.. You can lighten the flywheel and he oil slinger but not have a lighen'd oil sling with IRK..

i run timming all the way retarded and i have a pile of stuffed crankes from mates bikes that have run just rotor, i'm a member of planetminis and this question is so hard to get a sure answer on. If you ring MOJO ,50s HQ, MOTO SCOOT who all run race bikes they will tell you what i have told people, and yes i have cracked cases but never destroyed a crank. That is with oil slinger and rotor but i put my cracked cases down to to much comp 13.0:1 and trying to squeeze to much advance on the timing

so if you run an irk and lighten the oil slinger than you cant kick start your bike why is this is it cos it catches the kick start gear and tears it to pieces??

what type of compression does the high comp piston you sell roost have? in terms of a ratio

so if you run an irk and lighten the oil slinger than you cant kick start your bike why is this is it cos it catches the kick start gear and tears it to pieces??

what type of compression does the high comp piston you sell roost have? in terms of a ratio

12.0: 1 and it my case it did not tear it to peices it caught it and cracked the case this happened more than once

with a piston that i bought off u and the irk and then machine down the oil slinger will i still have the same problom or will i need to bump start it all the time?

with a piston that i bought off u and the irk and then machine down the oil slinger will i still have the same problom or will i need to bump start it all the time?

50's HQ are doing the work for you , just ask Mark he will explain it all to you, then if you dont beleive him ring mojo in Vic, then Terry at Moto Scoot Springwood and they will tell you the same thing, but is is adviceable to bumpstart it but i'm sure they will say you can kick start it just make sure timming is all the way to retard

Would be a pain to bumpstart all the time, especially if you are on sand or there is no hills and no one to help you push.

" Would be a pain to bumpstart all the time, especially if you are on sand or there is no hills and no one to help you push. "

Maybe in sand but I've never needed a push or a hill to bumbstart a fiddy JMO

Roost .......cracked cases and snapped cranks aside is it worth it ?

Because if it really revs out to like 12 grand it must HOOK.

A

" Would be a pain to bumpstart all the time, especially if you are on sand or there is no hills and no one to help you push. "

Maybe in sand but I've never needed a push or a hill to bumbstart a fiddy JMO

Roost .......cracked cases and snapped cranks aside is it worth it ?

Because if it really revs out to like 12 grand it must HOOK.

it sure is and yes it does hook, i'm 90kg and in 1st ,2nd, 3rd and most of 4th it power spinns AWESOME FUN

What mods have you got done to your bike roost? And i dont quite understand why you shouldnt kickstart?

id say due to the compression, it would ruin your kickstart gears and bend the lever?

is there any way you can run a high comp pistion, irk and lightened oil slinger and still b able to kick start it not worrying about smashing your engine. dont the proverts and such run all this gear and are still reliable how come?

can you change the way the kick starter works so there isnt any kick back that would destory the cases.

i would really like to install a irk hc piston and lighten the oil slinger in the future but still want the kickstarter to work as i think it would be a huge pain in the arse if you had to bump start the engine the whole time and ive also heard that bump starting the engine isnt good for excessive amounts of starts

thanks for any info

What mods have you got done to your bike roost? And i dont quite understand why you shouldnt kickstart?
55.5mm HC piston , g2 cam, ported, heavy duty valve springs, 1mm alloy head gasket, inner rotor , lightened oil slinger, KEIKHIN 28mm carby (genuine Keikhin 28mm not like the ones on ebay) custom manifold, uni filter, custom exhaust header pipe, t4 exhaust can,all up shift drum, hydraulic clutch. I had a stroker kit in it but have opted to take it out so i can race in the outlaw class. Even with it removed it still hauls , and is still ridable. At the moment im building a lifan 140 which will have all the same mods as above but a 57mm piston or i could possible use a 58mm and a klx 110 sleeve ,i have got both pistons on there way will see what happens it will be a 150.55cc (57mm) or 155.88 (58mm). As for the reason it should be roll started is it now has bugger all weight left on the crank and as this weight acts as a counter weight to stop crank from kicking back when started, as you would know even with the weight on there these little motors still kick back from time to time so you can imagine when weight is removed. It has more kick back than a crf450 with auto decomp valve removed, if only some one would come up with a decomp leaver this would minamize kick back( i can only hope someone comes up with one as there is a massive market for them). But all in all these mods make it haul, it is one of the fastest pitbikes i have ridden, it keeps up with all my mates KLX's and CRF's and these bikes have had $$$$ spent on them and they still have problems like myself especially the KLX'S. dont let this scare you all off doing similar mods you will love you bike after them and whats the odd case or kicker failure NOTHING

Back