exhaust help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTr717

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on my friends Chinese 49cc 2 stroke w/CVT (Vertical) Motor- SIJAJON - IPE41QMB. I found most of the parts I need except exhaust. The pipe is cloged up and it is a sealed pipe. Any help on how to resolve the problem would be helpful. I was thinking cut off the silencer, clean pipe and install slip on silencer but, I cant find any cheap 50cc 2 stroke slip on type silencers. The pipe is 0.875" round. We are looking to do a cheap fix as they plan to buy new bigger bike next year. So if you have suggestion on slip on pipe I can use or another way to fix it let me know. I could probably borrow a welder if we need to go that route.

Attachments

• 50cc pipe.jpg
    50cc pipe.jpg
    84.2 KB
sounds like your mate is running his bike a bit rich, too much oil in the petrol.

you could use the big 2 stroke method.
heat up the pipe at the head flange, with an oxy/acetelene torch, or a lpg torch.
heat it up evenly until it glows red/orange the whole way around.
then use a air blower gun hooked up to a compressor.
blow it into the heated end, full pressure.
the glowing red/orange ring should slowly burn off all the oil/carbon from inside the expansion chamber.
keep the air going until the glowing ring moves to the muffler tip.
it is a bit of a smoky job, but not much more than an oily mix running 2 stroke puts out anyway.
best off doing it outside and on a windy day.

another method ive heard of is,
stoke up a decent red wood fire in a half 44 gallon drum ,and chuck the pipe over the top, same sort of thing.
have even heard of people doing it on their weber bbq!
the wife isnt usually happy about this method, so do it when she's out, lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iuLSQKUZOng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am a little scared to try this method becuse when I hold the exhuast up oil litteraly runs out of it. They say they ran motor oil in the gas. Might make one hell of a fire.

Back