Honda atc 70 build!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimini

Reaction score
hey , i just bought an atc 70 trike , its an 1981 model , its in sweet condition , little things need to be fixed , but im willing to do that ,
only paid $355 for it , and hopefully pick it up on weekend or something , whenever not busy... i want to restore it to normal , how they were when they first came out , and ofcourse put some mods on it haha , il put the list bellow pictures what im going to put on it .
heres some pics...

BYM8qPQBWkKGrHgoOKiIEjlLmWNBBKgTI3c.jpg

BYM8zWkKGrHgoOKkYEjlLmY4pPBKgTKIdgR.jpg

MODS:
Pro Taper Bars.
Five0 Billet 1/4 throttle.
Kitaco Throttle Cable.
Five0 Rev Box
Five0 or Ti4 exhaust mounted and fitted.
Polished Engine Cases ALL Around.
Everything Powder Coated Black.
Frame and everything else painted normal red , and get the rims powder coated black so its heaps nice and beathy.

and yeah whatever else i feel it needs ,

tell me what use think.

Last edited:
yeah thanks fellas , just a project , ive always like them , just easy to go up to the beach and shit , since i live a block away , so yeah cant wait to pull this thing apart and get this build happnin haha.

There awesome!!!! My mate use to have one similar to that and we had a ball on it.
cant wait to see it done.
Best of luck with the build.

yeah , my mate has one and he bored it out to a 92cc.

do anyone know what the exhaust mount brackets are like and if a crf50 exhaust will fit like the head , i wanna put a good exhaust on it make sound better haha , want it to be LOUD.

yeah a crf50 exhaust will fit the head but i dunno about the frame mount

yeah sweet , the bend exhaust pipe on a atc one goes down under the foot pegs ,
if i bought an exhaust and got the end and took the head of pipe , they should be able to make the pipe and bend it how i want aye to fit the mount , couldnt be hard aye man.

if anyone has a atc take some pics of the exhaust mount for me thanks

bending thin wall pipe is a lot harder then you would think. It caves, cracks and all sorts of shit. Ring an exhaust shop and ask them if they will be able to bend it for you, more likely you will need to get one made by the exhaust shop rather then a crf one modded unless there are companys that already make aftermarket pipes for them.

Thats a sweet little Beast mate!!!haha :D

Would be so fun carving up on the Beach!!!
Keep us Updated with the Progress ;)

mmmm, its hard to find anyone that deals with the 25mm exhaust pipe...

very nice though...just, um...watch the cornering on a trike;) dont want to scratch up that paint job :)

the mate ur talking bout with the 92 cc bore kit, is that dan hyde??

im after a lil 70 trike, i found one on ebay down the south coast n the pictures u have up of urs are the excact same as this one..

did u sell urs off? howd u go with doin it up n that...

hey minimini still got the trike
did you ever finish it would love to see how it looked in the end
ive got one and so do a few mates have them aswell we have postie 110 engines in ours
we did ours up a few years ago aswell but are just getting them out again now and looking
at doing a 2nd restoration because theres alot more bits around now days to put on them.

Hey mate. I never ended up getting it. Cause he wouldn't meet me where he was supposed to. I was abit pissed. But soon as I get my 88 fully finished and I'm getting an lxr so yeah once got cash and find a decent one il deffinetly get one and do the mods for sure. Post some pics of yours once it's done ay mate. I'm pretty keen see what they come up like. : )

Yeah okay mate il have a look later when I get on computer. Using my phone it's abit annoying haha.

my atc70 after make over plastic gaurds are actually carbon fibre look hard to see though in picture
trikenow.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
The bigger engines will fit in an ATC70 but there are issues with the carby fitting under the tank, this is fixed with a modified intake manifold and the biger motors are longer so the frame needs to be extended if you want to keep the front guard

Latest posts

Back