hydraulic clutch on ebay.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If youre in Melbourne atomik has them cheap. Honestly i wouldnt trust these kits man. I'd stick with good ol cable. Theres a way you can make clutch pulls easier, its by making the actuator arm longer. Ill have a guide coming up soon.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Ive had one of this style hydro clutch fail on me. Only thing i would trust is a name brand product, for example magura

I have had a few of these and have never had any problems with them. That being said I replaced most of the o-rings and rebled it so it was nice to use. But even then it didn't make it feel any lighter maybe a little bit smoother.
I have an extended clutch arm on my Daytona and I can pretty much pinky finger the clutch no problems. I have made a few for others and they love them.

The magura clutches are way out of my price range, lol.

I might give one of these cheap china clutches a go, but in no hurry. the cable seems to be ok for now.

Im interested to the see your guide on lengthening the actuator arm.

oh and yeah I didn't notice the postage price on that Craig, cheers for the link mate.

My point proven hahaha. Not even yamaha run hydro clutches because their bikes just dont work well with them.
Ill be following what Snaptrax has done with his previous mods but ill try adding my own flare to the mod haha.

I have seen them cut and shut before to lengthen the arm.
You can also buy another thing which use's leverage to lessen the force needed to pull on the clutch, the Easy Clutch
These are popular on Yamaha VMX Enduro bike's with heavy duty clutch's
They just go on the end of your existing cable up at your bar's, and the new short cable connect's to your clutch lever.

$_12.JPG

There are extended clutch arm's too which do the same thing, you can sometime's source another longer arm off a similar model bike.
The second one down is off a Suzuki DRZ, they use them on Suzuki DR's to make the clutch feel softer, this would be perfect for the Daytona's as they also use a splined actuator arm

ext_clutcharm.jpg

clutcharm_sm.jpg

clutcharmmod.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

Some diy extender's look a bit agricutural, if you make your own, then make it with as strong as, or stronger material if you do

This is a YZ extender, it bolt's on the end of your arm using the cable hole
they were used on 'Factory' race bike's back in the day

YZCLUTCHACTUATOR_zps32615101.jpg

hmmm.... hard to bleed... theres no bleed nipples.

mine at least was pretty lousy, the end snapped off when i installed it. someone bored it out just that extra mm or two too much... ie, the slave cylinder's threaded end snapped off. good old quality control :)

if its starts leaking halfway through a ride, its dead.... you gunna be doing clutchless shifts. any drops or damage, same deal...things useless if you pop a hole in it.

but, thats what you get with cheap chinese ones.

now, if you hunt around, you can find a brembo one for much the same price... ;) at least, the slave cylinder part. can use the brake cylinder from a quad bike, theyre usually on the left hand side. banjo fittings may then be a drama...

a cable is far better...

Here is the concept design ive drawn up. It uses 3 layers of aluminium (like a sandwich) and slips over the existing actuator arm, bolts into the existing hole and extends it 10mm (which is a lot when we are speaking in radial motion).
a8de24ee708d8a354a896156b50c8754.jpg

Latest posts

Back