IRK???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I want to get this IRK but how do I set it up? DO I use all of the wires the Cdi comes with or only the necessary ones? Also are these IRKs even good? If there is a tutorial can someone please link me?

KGrHqJpwE9eHf5fqBPc-Rc8v60_12_zpsd964690e.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thank You!! So it does help with throttle response apperantly, do you know if it needs to be adjusted when I install it? Like the timing? Or can I just install and run it? I could not find this answer in the link you sent me.

Dude don't do it. You loose pretty much all the torque in the motor. Yeah it revs to the moon but that just makes it harder to hook up.

Was the worse thing I did to my YX140.

Dude don't do it. You loose pretty much all the torque in the motor. Yeah it revs to the moon but that just makes it harder to hook up.

Was the worse thing I did to my YX140.

Would it be good for lake/trail riding? I dont really go on hills or jumps just cruise around my city and hidden forest trails

if your paying decent money for one they can be reliable say one from kitco

but the cheapies of ebay are hit and miss i would not buy one of these ones

a good one well they work ok on the 125cc engine

:no:

wirings pretty simple.

trigger wire, power wire, earth, wire to coil, thats it. so the white from irk to white on cdi. black from irk to red/white on cdi. green to earth. yellow to coil. other terminal on coil to earth(the spare green on cdi?) and killswitch is a "NormalOpen" switch between white/red and earth. i think? ha ha.

i believe they have some adjustability. like, 5 degrees. can adjust a standard one with a chainsaw file on the trigger sensor slots...

yup. you lose torque. need to be kicked a LOT harder to even produce spark, let alone stop any kickbacks. and they do kickback hard!

actual performance benefits or cons? havent had a pair of identical 140s side by side to compare yet.

stick to the standard flywheel and work on things like cams, carbs, and porting. much more noticeable, much more effective ;)

Last edited:
I wouldnt fit that IRK if your so keen on one get the Kitaco one. I have seen that the magnets can come off those cheap ebay ones and do a fair bit of damage. Like Nick (motorman) said you loose pretty much all your torque in your engine. I would stick to the standard flywheel and do what headsmess said you will be better off and be more happier with the result mate.

What about for a 125? Do all IRKs suck?
Is your 125 a start in neutral only engine, if so then id recommend a billet clutch housing as the stock housing will destroy itself at very high revs, but i dont recommend the IRK at all, like nick said all the torque is gone and like joshy said there crap, reliability just isnt there and as headsmess said stick with the stock flywheel/stator setup. Take this advise from all who have replied as you will wish you had if you install one.

Latest posts

Back