Parts to design in CAD?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIKKO_X2

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have taken a year off Uni to work but during this year i would like to keep my Design and CAD skills sharp, so i downloaded some free CAD software for my Mac. Its called 123D Design. It has similiar functionality to Solidworks (with less features) so it should be pretty capable.

What i would like to know is, are there any upgrades that you would recommend i design and have manufactured for a Z160ho motor?

When i was into pocketbikes we used to make reed block spacers which could be fun to draft up but as these motors are not 2 stroke, i dont really know where to start!

I am going to try my hand at a dressup kit but any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

how about an adjustable cam timing gear ?
something that can be advanced or retarded up to about 8 degrees each way, and that will lock in firmly in the new set position.

it was mentioned here a little while ago.

cheers, craig

adjustable clutch/brake lever perch
Yes we have forward/back angle adjustment but not the actual pivot mechanism. One where you can adjust the leverage, giving you either more force for less pull (harder) or less force with more pull (softer). The quality of china brakes seems to vary a bit, some bikes have ample pull and a softer lever would help a bit with arm pump. Likewise others are weak, being able to bump up the power a bit would be welcome

In most cases more force would be preferable. I myself like a short/shallow lever adjustment so my fingers aren't even remotely stretching, allows me to easily have fingers on the brakes all day without cramping. But that gives me less lever travel. Bumping up the leverage would be great

i like the idea of the adjustable cam timing gear. i will definately have to look at that when i take the head apart on my new motor

Any other ideas? I was looking at the cam timing gear and had 2 ideas for how to make it adjustable:
1: spline the shaft on the cam so that the cam gear can rotate by 1 degree intervals by removing one centre retaining bolt
2: install a pin that protrudes from the cam shaft and drill holes at certain intervals on the gear so that you can spin the gear in relation to the cam (same as suggestion 1) and hold it down with a single retaining bolt.

Any other thoughts?

mechanical fuel pump driven off the camshaft (gear or piston type pump)for simple EFI setup. replace the cover with the pump housing/regulator, some minor heat isolation via a teflon spacer, with the driving member simply being spigoted onto the end of cam, over sprocket, with sprocket bolts replaced with socket heads, and drive member counterbored to fit... (if that makes any sense). sealed where it enters into housing. standard m10x1 fuel line/ banjo type threads...

some fins to make it sexier...

throttle body. with map sensor, maybe tps.

and now i see you said 160 and doesnt it have one of those weirdo slanted rocker/cam covers? in which case forget everything, hows about an oil filter cover instead?

google sketchup is...tricky to use :( but i do all my drawings on it! i hate having all these pictures in my head that i cant get out :(

Latest posts

Back