Putting a speedo on the thumpstar

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50MAN

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a 140cc xy atomik nitrous, and i really want to put a speedo on it???:)

how would i go about doiing it ?

how accurate do you want it to be?

(smart ass crack...cant you tell when youre going fast or not?:p top speed of 90, if that, seems a bit pointless)

pushie speedo will work...if you can find one that will let you calibrate to ANY wheel diameter... (and a 12 inch pushie rim is not the same diametre as a moto 12inch rim :(...therefore, wont be very accurate...)

what diameter is your front rim? and got any mates that are into electronics? the calculations are fairly easy... 2 pi R... then every revolution covers that distance. then a hall effect sensor mounted somewhere to count the revolutions(just like a trundle wheel:eek: ) and then some fancy circuits to measure number of revs per second, and display said measurement as an actual speed... there will even be circuit diagrams on the net somewhere, im sure ;)

now does it seem worth while? no, i didnt think so... stupid bling, my man...

now if you were riding on the roads... you wouldnt even look at the speedo, cus soon you get used to what the engine sounds like in certain gears at certain speeds.... my oldbike was good that way... 4000 in 2nd was 40, in 3rd was 60, in 4th, 80, and in fifth, 100... speedo cable had broken... and once you know what 4000 rpm sounds like... tis easy :)

another thing is...you should be watching where youre riding, not at a speedo....:p

wattya mean? thats $5!!!!!! could buy half a pack of smokes, or a can of bundy, or...iunno... a bigmac n fries?

or u could use my scale (1st________walking pace 2nd______ ____lil monos 3rd________ -_____-___monos n shreddin 4th ____________________shreddin or getn the hell outa here)

hey guys, i have a 140cc xy atomik nitrous, and i really want to put a speedo on it???:)

how would i go about doiing it ?

A. I had a bike one on mine and it worked well
B.You could just get someo ne th drive behind you and tell you
C.Take that monster DP off, only one person is aloud a riduclously cool mopnmster DP and sticker kit and thats ME!:D

Latest posts

Back