Remote control kill for beginner

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herdad

Reaction score
New member, Just picked up a thrashed 50cc Yamoto Dirt bike for my 6 year old daughter. She has been riding a electric scooter for over a year so she has the basics down. Like I said the bike is pretty trashed but runs good, as this will be a Christmas present it's going to get new plastics and some other touch ups. I will be limiting the throttle but would feel more comfortable if it had a remote stop.has anyone installed one, I would think that they are just plug and play since the ignition is pretty much the same on all of them?

Hey Herdad welcome to the site. :welcome:

In theory you could hook one up but it may be a bit of a stuff around, did the little bike come with a battery as standard?

I have seen the remote kill switch available for sale, but I'm pretty sure they all come with the alarm system which draw a constant amperage and flatten your battery with in a few days. But if your a handy type of bloke with some time on your hands it should be doable?

i should bite my tongue but...yamoto?

*warning! my arms are flailing wildly!*

wireless doorbell, hacked up with a relay wired up to the killswitch :) press doorbell, it plays "jinglebells" and hits the killswitch. simple!

The bike had a battery at one time but not now, however the charging system does still work. I was hoping to get a lead on the factory style that the newer ones come with since I know the ignition is the same I was thinking it would be plug and play using the charging system for power.

Yea, I have read enough to know not to expect much from it, but I got it cheap. Since it is semiauto I figured it would hold up long enough for her to get comfortable and learn throttle control before I put her on the DS 80 .

Latest posts

Back