running in ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey buddy,

umm i think most sellers recommend that you run it in for the first 3 tanks of petrol, without over revving the engine...but there are lots of different ways, use the search function at the top of the page and you will find heaps of info.

thanks.
matty

i say, just stay away from the realy high revs, try and use engine breaking alot. put some decent oil in, and no burnouts either lol
if ur a real rider you'll know when its run in, as it feels allot smoother, starts easier, and has more power.
but if ur not that good, go for about 2 tanks, but it duz vary.

i say, just stay away from the realy high revs, try and use engine breaking alot. put some decent oil in, and no burnouts either lol
if ur a real rider you'll know when its run in, as it feels allot smoother, starts easier, and has more power.
but if ur not that good, go for about 2 tanks, but it duz vary.

That's all true except it won't start easier because the valves will need adjusting.

On my bike after I went riding at a mates farm my bike wouldnt start after about 3 kicks. I adjusted the valves and they had tightened to .001 when the clearance is meant to be .002

It starts first kick every time now.

Latest posts

Back