The New Guy (motovert 140cc)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helos

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Names Matt thought i'd post a thread to introduce myself. I've been riding road bikesfor a couple years and have just got into the mini/dirt scene with a motovert expert 140cc. Mates got some tracks i'm going to test it on, but if anyone has some good advice on where to ride one of these or any advice on how to do it wekk i'd appreciate it.

Advice on how to ride? Well...

1) Ride it until it breaks
2) Fix it and ride again
3) Repeat

Think that sums it up :) Where abouts you located?

Thanks, I'll post up some pics later tonight. Sounds pretty much like how i normally ride, at least i know my tools will never get rusty. I'm down in ferntree gully, got some trails on a mates property but its pretty far out so i wouldnt mind finding somewhere closer to home

Frankston MX track is popular
Nunawading is close to you

yeah +1 to frankston mx i have not been to nunawading but i hear its great

I'll have to hit up frankston sometime, soon as i figure out why it wont rev without the choke

I'll have to hit up frankston sometime, soon as i figure out why it wont rev without the choke
blocked Pilot jet ?
pull it out, poke some fine wire through it (pull a fine strand of wire from a wire brush), and also the holes through the sides of the extension tube.
also check where the Pilot jet screws into, there is a small hole through to the main bore of the carby, if that is blocked then it wont want to rev/start at all.

turned out to be a simpler solution. i'm an idiot, pulled the air filter off and realised what i thought was choke off was actually full choke. running smoothly now

Back