what size carby?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlerider9

Reaction score
hi ive got a pitster pro lxr witth 155z and a v2 head. i cant remember what size oko carb comes on it, its still stock im pretty sure its 26mm.
im about to buy a new one just wondering what size i should get, 28mm or 30mm? (oko)

26mm oko is most common, but regardless of the last comment the 30mm is awesome for the engine and mods you have outlined.

dont go down the 28mm oko road as you will have drama after drama, if you want a 28mm flat slide then chase one up off a yz85 or similar

I agree with Shaun. Don't touch the 28mm OKO.
The 26mm OKO is the best carbie for the price.
Its easy to tune and work on and will give you good performance.
If you want reliability and quality go with the 28mm PWK.

Yeah sorry guys. i was only basing my comments on the size not the brand as i have only ever used Keihin's and 26 OKO's.

Yeah sorry guys. i was only basing my comments on the size not the brand as i have only ever used Keihin's and 26 OKO's.

Keihin's are the way to go if you can afford them.
Do what Shaun suggested and get one off a little 2stroke

ohhk, so if i have a YX160 with daytona electrics and adjustable stator, should i get the 26 or 30mm OKO? (i was about to get the 28 :() everything else stock...

Don't touch the 28mm OKO. I personally would get the 26mm.
I have tried all 26mm,28mm,30mm OKO. I liked the 26mm for their snappy throttle. 28mm was crap and had a massive flat spot that could not be tuned out.
30mm has its place on big bore bikes and give great top end.
I have run the 26mm OKO on a stock 125. a stock 160. a 160 with v2. S35 cam and have had great results on all combinations.
When the weather warms up ill have to do a speed comparison and put it up on here with the few combintaion's of bikes I have available.

ohhk, so if i have a YX160 with daytona electrics and adjustable stator, should i get the 26 or 30mm OKO? (i was about to get the 28 :() everything else stock...

try a genuine pe28, not as snappy as the flat slide but gives good torque and top end

Latest posts

Back