yx 150 problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outtacontrol11

Reaction score
Hey everyone i have an Atomik Nitrous 150, i believe they have a xy150 in them tho i may be wrong? Now problem number one is when i tried to start it yesterday with the choke on it would fire for a few seconds then die, then suddenly wouldn't even do that. i have a new plug and am getting great spark. Problem number two is the last couple of times i have been riding the bike it has been developing a very viscious kickback. I didn't pull anything apart to inspect as of yet, as i didn't really know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kick back on those motors is really bad. some of the worst ive seen. i think its the crappy china CDI box that runs god knows what ignition advance.

an oko 26 carby made my atomik 150 start shit loads easier, i ran a 37 pilot and a 97 main with the clip set second from the bottom. Make sure you start just past top dead centre and kick it hard. starts first kick cold with choke.

thanks for those reply's. anyone else have any idea's as to why it seemed to have just died?

possibly old or dodgey fuel, carby may have some crap in it and was slightly clogged, then when you got it started it circulated the crap to block off your jets, could be a number of things mate, has it got spark? plug clean? gaps set right on plug, valve clearances set? fresh fuel?

if that fails to start after that, probably a wise move to clean out your carby

any more info would be great and would be glad to help.

Darren

Last edited:
Back