88 carb for better bottom end?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
Just throwing a question out there, what carbs are you mini boys running on your 88's. Over the weekend i picked myself up a brand new motovert mini with a jialing 90cc which actually has 86 stamped on it, anyway the thing rips up top but has a pretty weak ass bottom end and was thinking about putting on a smaller carb maybe a 19mm mikuni or something better thats where you guys come in hopefully, brands, sizes or links. Im not exactly sure whats on it at the moment, i think its a 22 mikuni. Im willing to sacrifice top end for bottom so whats your thoughts?

Maybe a cheap option for ya is replace the front sprocket with a smaller one ?
Only cost a few bucks and it will give you better bottom end

Cheers mick was looking at that one with mixture screw on the side it would make life easier. I've already changed the front sprocket and can really go smaller.

I got an OKO 19mm I have been meaning to true for ages now.

Hillz had a lot of problems tuning it so will pull my finger out and give it a go and let you know.

Yeah defiantly let me know mate, I didn't even know that you could get a 19mm oko, it's still a flat slide yeah. Keen to hear how it goes. I reckon if you could get it tuned right it would defiantly bring it alive in the bottom end.

I reckon the 19mm OKO would be your best bet. Yeah it's a flat side.

I'm having doubts I will be able to tune it properly. Especially when someone forgot to give me any jets for it!! lol

If I can't get it going your welcome to buy it off me?

Have you gone larger on the rear sprocket aswell ?
You could also advance your ignition to improve bottom end

Na just down on the front sprocket, it's already down geared to much as to where the ratios are crap, first is basically non existent. I reckon I might just try out the 19mm mikuni first and try get that to work before playing around with the timing. Than if that fails try the oko 19 and timing. Still wondering what carbs and jetting specs people are running? If its the mikuni what jets from memory are you guys using on your 88s? Cheers fellas for your inputs I really appreciate it

bigger piston perhaps? lumpier cam? its a tiny lil engine... and one persons definition of lousy bottom end isnt the same as anothers... 1st gear is non existant on something even with a 18t(if memory serves me, was the biggest i found)...

general overhaul. valves n stuff might make some difference.

Found some time to pull the carb of today and measured it and lord Jesus it's a 26mm ain't nobody got time for that. I can't believe they put such a large carb on a 90 88 86 whatever it is, no wonder it has no bottom end. So after searching for a few days all over the net I've decided to try out the 19mm mikuni just gotta wait for pay day to grap it thou. I've already got some new parts in and more on the way so might start a thread for this one aswell. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360148855.039501.jpg

By the looks of the picture , it looks like a fake china 26 mikuni which is more like 21mm or something i think i have seen ? sure your measuring the right spot?

Also most china 90 engines have bigger valve/port heads then a crf50 with a 88 stock head kit , with the stock crf50 heads they have mean downlow power .

Ive also got one of hillz's 19mm oko's , and have also been to lazy to test it lol..

Yeah it's defiantly 26mm, defiantly weighing up getting the Keihin pe24 but the price is a tad steep especially if it doesn't work out for me, hey mate what jets if you remember are you running in yours or did you bolt it straight on and go?

Latest posts

Back