age no barrier

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clunky64

Reaction score
hey all
am 46 this year and have just started racing minis,first round at lakes a couple of weeks ago,just wondering how many old farts are racing these bikes,i had a awesome time and loved it and hope too do it for another 10 years,on the down side i did break my wrist but that wont stop me

haha good to hear mate , its a bloody fun sport!

There is quite a few old fogies actually

yeah boxy and Timmons too and they are FAST ...I ride with Durant the guy that took out veterans class at lakes ....with the smoking motor lol ...faark I'm not THAT far behind either.:eek:

but you know what they say ...you're only as old as the woman you feel :D

bloody old mugs arn't ya

i'm only a light 26yrs but most of the crew i ride with are 35+some in the 40's reefy had his 40th last november and ed had his at new years

it's a good sport for the oldies

There's a few blokes in their 40's and 50's here in Tas that can still show up some of the younger guys! I'm 32 and although that's not too old, I enjoy this sport because I don't have the time to commit to the training demands of full size motocross!

Anyway, good on ya Clunky and hope ya wrist heals up quick mate

rode te 250 last week and although the wrist hurt it was ok so looking forward too the kurri round of minis

haha good on ya for trying its good to see all ages and sex's :p racing

what class where you racing at lakes?

you werent on a dhz where you?

good to see you will be at kurri too ill be under a blue tent with a black pitster pro x4r number 24 alongside my mate who has a green billet machine number 88 so come over and say hey

Hi clunky64 welcome to mini riders, I'm in the same age bracket as you (40+) and love racing (minitard), I plan to be doing for as long as posible at least another 10 years hopefully more. And when I cant race I'll keep building and doing spanner work.

Tina

i was on an old 125 bike dont even know what type that was given too me and i just had too put a ignition coil on it cost me $90 bucks all up for the bike and riding fees and i did all rounds, only got too ride it for the first time the day before racing,and i just aquired a 140 for a similiar price spent today on it getting it up to scratch so might actually get a ride or 2 in before racing this time

the was a huuugge blow up at big bike racing at maitland between two guys in the the 35's haha ive never seen some ones face so red haha and the race isnt even a scored race either

so what happened too cause the blowup ,i heard there was also something like 5 ambulances on the day

i dont know one of them was saying the other guy took up the whole track and he couldnt get past and then the rest was just swearing and yeah there was heaps of ambos there because i think some one had a neck injury im not sure ??

Hey Guys...

I'm 40 this year, only took up the sport in Aug last year and loving getting out there on my braaap pro 125, I'm still learning and hopefully get some racing under the belt when we get a race series here in Vic, might even have to go to Tas to do one braaap race this year...this is a great sport for all ages and I look forward to my son getting involved as well when he is a little older, he is 7 and just got him a PW50 to learn on, so hopefully one day it will be son vs dad on the race track !

hey majobe i was going too retire from racing my 250 at the end of this year and concentrate on the minis but because my twin boys become seniors next year they want dad too race one more year so they can make him look bad on the track

Hey Clunky, thats awesome that you can get the opportunity to race with your boys! i'm sure you'll show them how it's done!! nice to know that you'll keep on with the mini's though, means I still have plenty of years ahead...

cheers fella's i don't feel like an old bastard anymore lol.. im 36 this year and i ride (not race) mini's and big bikes(05 wr450f)..
im also a mechanic/engine builder so its hard not to like them.

but yeah 90% of the sundays during the year is my ride time, anyone who isnt riding with me and tries to get me to do anything else gets a mouth full lol..

oh and i just got my bro back into riding, he's 42, we just picked him up an 06 wr450f.
lol it was scary watching him try and get used to it again...

well im 22 and race big bikes, yet to race the mini, I hope like hell im still healthy enough to be riding at 40 :D

hey roost
we are healthy enough on race day but the day after thats another story

Latest posts

Back