Clutch and oil !

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexdbishopp

Reaction score
Hi all , bought a bike at the weekend ! 125 pit bike . All starts up and runs smooth . Kick first time etc etc.

First problem - When I bought it I was aware that if put in first gear when stood still it stalls ,you have to roll it forward and go into first moving so it doesn't stall! Also when the clutch is engaged the bike doesn't roll any ideas ?

Second problem - checked the oil after a few runs and notices there was little oil in . Bought some 10w40 semi synthetic today and filled it up ! Started it up and run it for a bit then noticed oil was leaking from undearneth And you could hear it squelching , some time the bike would die after. Any ideas ?

clutch needs adjusting. 125s usually have the clutch lever on the front of case, next to the cylinder(not knowing which particular 125 it is, i can only assume its a "start in neutral" type). the adjustment thingy is under a plate on the side. flat head screw and a locknut. fiddle a bit :)

clutch engaged, if you think about it, means the lever is released, so it shouldnt be able to roll at all if its in gear. but thats being pedantic. i take it you mean it wont roll in gear, when the clutch is DIS engaged? a sure sign that it needs adjusting.

squelching? how much oil did you put in? "fill it up" sounds ominous... they take about 800mls... a tad more, a tad less, wont really hurt but filling all the way up to the filler hole is asking for trouble. they have a dipstick for a reason :p

source of oil leaking? from a hose that pokes into the engine case somewhere up the rear but dangles down below the engine to be out of the way? its probably over-filled. they can spray a bit of mist at times but definite oil spray is a bad sign.

or somewhere else, such as a loose sump plug, leaking cam chain tensioner bolt, or a crack?

Latest posts

Back