Coming from Freestyle to Minimoto. ideas?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiesel123

Reaction score
Hye guys. I’m new to this forum so hello to all.

I am looking to buy my first minimoto.

My previous ride was an 02 Honda CR250 that was setup for MX and Freestyle. I used to ride with Anthony Moss, Jake Bowen and the Hall boys. Anyway I sold the bike in 04 to go to university in QLD (sad yeh I know). I’m still here on my 2nd degree and i need a set of wheels bad to rip around on.

Just so you know im not some 14yr old and am serious about my bikes

Brett Mifsud's Photos - Motocross | Facebook

So i have been doing my research, I’m a massive Honda fan but i don’t have the funds to throw down to trick out a CRF (to the extent id want to)

so im looking at around the 3k mark for a hugely reliable and robust minimoto (mid sized ofcourse)

I have narrowed it down to a Motovert Pro (07 model preferably, because of the frame)

so my question is. are these a good china bike AND are parts like "Pro Circuit, Magura, Excel, Talon, Wiseco, Hot Rods and V-force" compatible with these bikes?

Cheers.

Brett

Last edited:
Have you had a look at the MSO-SR. It has had really good reviews on the site.

Yeah same frame on the sr....and in my opinion a better motor ,great suspension and enough change from 3k to buy all the extras ya need ... the suspension is fine for freestyle with a bit of work....but just like ya 250 if ya jumpin stock suspenders freestyle they don't last as long .
Though I've seen one go 50ft off a ramp straight outta the box with no dramas all day if ya gunna chuck it off ramps read reviews and info on here on emcrew have em sorted....

hey im not sure if all those brands have pittie parts, but the sr has a very good rep around these parts, but i recon if ya buy a MSO SR you could do all those and still have enough money to buy another one and do the same.

the 07 vet i's a awsome bike and it's the alloy one
if ya can get one with a 140 in it go for it

also look at the ciniworx alloy or the mso elite all 3 are good bikes
and most of the good gear particularly the engine mod stuff will bolt up sweet as

have fun getting scun up on the bitchy

go the motovert pro 07 u cant get beat it, good all round package and if u do want to hit the dirt im sure u wont hurt it..

and all the parts u said u can make it fit easy if u have the time

Thanks for the responses guys. So are the engines in the MSO and the Motovert based on the CRF or KLX engine? Because as you would all know Pro Circuit and FMF only makes pipes for the major brands.

eBay, trading post, bikesales etc are very deceptive places I have noticed, there a lot of advertised “Motovert Pro’s” that are actually the expert range. Very frustrating!

I have never looked into MSO really because primarily, I have not heard much about them. Basically the things that I am concerned about with my purchase are the following:

1) It MUST have USD forks of a good brand name (Marzocchi seem to be the best coming out on stock bikes)
2) A non top-link swing arm.
3) Good quality triple clamps.
4) Performance and reliability.

The pit bikes that i have ridden in the past (03-04) were Thumpstar Pros. They were so hard to get used to because of the small size and adult handlebars...steering was ultra sharp. So basically what I’m aiming at is a great all round bike this time around and if i like the sport i will also buy a CRF and begin to mod it (but only if I find that I like mini motos)

I won’t be back flipping it straight up (im not that good) but I will be thrashing it drunk to the Kebab Shop! (university has its perks...or it will!) and hitting natural terrain jumps and probably taking it to a skate park or BMX track (or even the golf course down the road at night!)

I have been looking at Ciniworx..they look trick as(but cost heaps..i won’t be buying anything brand new).
I was also looking at the Terra Moto Pro’s (any opinions?..i do know their forks arn’t as trick as the marzochs!)
And what do u think about the Pitster Pros? (X4R in particular)

I think I came to the conclusion that the Motovert 07 Pro was the best because of the frame, shock, billet parts and the forks. They seem to be a very sick stock package.

Last edited:
Hey Man.

Look ive come from big bikes to a little mini still do use my big bike though and i will have to say that my MSO Pro is great to jump with and is reeally sweet for the track but wouldnt suggest it much for the trails as they have very firm suspension.

If i were you give Ken and Linda (MSO Team) a call and let them know that you are interested in one and im sure they will help you out.

I dont think i will ever look back at buying another brand mini, MSO for me.

Heres a few picture of it stock.

IMGP5920.jpg

IMGP5917.jpg

IMGP5922.jpg

IMGP5923.jpg

My 2 cents

Thanks
Dean

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back