Custom build or rebuild my 05 Pitboss?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok -

After may long hours of deep thought, going to rebuild the pitboss.

1. Strip bike and paint strip the frame - repaint - thinks about color
2. Fit new motor (4ST Lifan)
3. Fit rotor & sling
4. Hydro clutch for a while till I break the perch and it's useless.
5. New rims & tryes
6. New seat, just for comfort
7. Brakes - on order
8. Have to work out what exhaust to run. Thinking T4 from dhz run one on my White DC bike and it is WAY better than my Hbomb from dhz.
9. Decide to rebuild front forks or replace with AS02's
10. Decide what new sticker kit to order.

sounds great man
for the sticker kit id go the rockstar energy 1 as not many people have it
and for forks id definantely go the as02's

go gloss white with a good quality clear and give it a good waxing, should make it that bit easyer to clean

use the powerplus brand spray pack, i used it for my daihatsu and dads BMW and both come up great. i think its like $17 or so a can but its worth it

yeh dont get cheap crap paint u will regret it as they peel alot ive had exsperience about a week ago and i preped it all right aswell u get for wat u pay for i guess

Pitboss has just been started for the first time with it's new bodyparts

start...

b4.jpg

child labour used to strip bike...

bob.jpg

result....

after.jpg

Last edited:
yeah looks good but def. get a new frame i had the same one snapped it clean in half

yeah looks good but def. get a new frame i had the same one snapped it clean in half

frame is the single strongest from i have ever had. 3-4yrs old, 5th motor - still perfect. It weighs 3x what a chinese fame weighs. guess it just has more/better steel in it.

frame.jpg

painted frame.jpg

Paint striped and repainted frame

Last edited:
a custom is taking all different parts from different bikes or buying them and building a bike wich best suits you :)

frame is the single strongest from i have ever had. 3-4yrs old, 5th motor - still perfect. It weighs 3x what a chinese fame weighs. guess it just has more/better steel in it.

Looks kinda like its off an 04 genuine thump, nearly everything off one of those bikes looked weak but they are tough as nails!

Back