Daytona 150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ i dont think the daytonas are quality at all really, but they are a fast snappy and grunty engine straight outa the box but after 4-6 months of riding i done 2nd gear, well not to sure yet but sometimes it just pops outa gear on me so dam annoying? And its a 125cc stocka so its not as if i had stupid amount of power running through the gear box

But when you kick start it, the gearbox will die!! Not much point putting out 20hp when the gearbox can't take it. That's the whole point of these new motors. You pay for quality with Daytona hence the price tag.

It's not all about how much power they can put out, it's also reliabilty.

well the daytona will grenade ...so whats the difference?? ..lol...:p

Yeah ... they haven't got a special tranny at all ... it's the same as a Lifan 150 ... You can tell just by looking at the ratio's ...

– Primary Gear Ratio: 18/67 (2.62)
1st: 13/34 (3.18)
2nd: 17/29 (1.71)
3rd: 20/26 (1.30)
4th: 23/24 (1.04)

Only a twit would go to the trouble of building a "special" tranny out of tougher metal ... only to leave the granny 1st gear ratio there ...

Pitster now has manual decompression kits which would solve kick back and hard kicking breakage problems ... but they're priced to fatten Pitsers wallet up and thin yours out ... It'll be great when the chinese start making them for $50 AUD ...

klx, ttr, crf, decomp cam, decomp levers, decompression system, tagagawa, trail bikes

funny you say that cactus i came across a chinese decomp cam today so i'm sure it wont be long..

155 crate motor is available at dhz,been testing them for the last 2 months and hasnt set the world on fire just a nice strong motor.would rather go the daytona or lifan 150 with taky head
decomps have been on the market from china for 4 to5 months
and 20hp motors still cant beat a guy with a 16 horse power yx the best in aus have tried and still cant

What prices are the chinese decomps selling for ? Are you referring to the guy who won at the Hunter Jam ? ... If so ... yes his bike goes really hard ...

yeah i was most of the front guys dont have the power people say,i will get a price for u this week

so do u reackon its worth buying a crate 155z engine

hey roost666, the same thing happens to my daytona 125. apparently i heard from one dealer that there was a recall on them to change the gear jumping problem. but i just rang the shop i bought mine from and it will cost $300 for parts and labor to pull the whole thing apart. which is cheaper than normal as mojo want to look after there customers.

its the one down three up gearbox that does it.

im biting the bullet and not paying the $300 and buy a second hand daytona 150cc. for around $1000.

to the original question about are daytona's good and are there any mods you can.

well i reckon there great.

and mods you can get a daytona cam for them which on the dyno charts ive seen put out more power over the whole rev range not just the top end. they say another 1.5ps

obviously 28mm carb

there are stroke kits to take them from 150cc to 160cc and the compression is raised as well

HACKMUNCH is testing a 60mm piston in both the 2v and 4v form.
this adds another 17cc so you can have roughly have a 167cc 2v or 4v
or with the stroke a 177cc in either 2v or 4v.

so you can make a monster if you want. the options are there now with the daytona 150's

NECROMANCE-1.jpg

Also i thought Daytona was in the U.S.A??

Latest posts

Back