Learner/probation legal LAMS approved.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont understand how they think a ktm 380 or a wrf426 is safe in the hands of a p-plater, along with the rxv 650 and lots of other on that list

even some of the ones for learners are a handful

i dont understand how they think a ktm 380 or a wrf426 is safe in the hands of a p-plater, along with the rxv 650 and lots of other on that list

even some of the ones for learners are a handful

under LAMS they are all legal to ride on Learner and Probationary permits. I know the hyosung 650's etc have a restrictor in the carbs that only can be changed by hyosung dealers and once changed cannot be changed back.

damn the aparilla is probably the best 250 for the streets and its one of the only ones you cant ride!

motorcycle ls and what i need to know ?

hi everyone,

im 16 and 7 months and in 2 months time i am wanting to get a moto for my main mode of transport as i just don't feel right in a car 2 wheels is what im meant to be on

So im looking at getting a 250 or a 450 pref Yamaha or Honda but anything will do and im budgeting for 4 grand im an apprentice so money is tight :(

i want something i can ride off road on the weekends but it will still take me to work everyday (12km) so i dont mind running knobbys

i will only ride trails on it so its not going to be flogged within an inch of its life

also what are the legal requirements on the licensing ?

thanks

julian

yeah man I reckon you could definately get a WR 250 or 426 for your price range. I've seen some sick ones on ebay lately.

melbourne obviously

im in melb but honestly I havnt had a look to see what others are selling for so im not sure on price yet. The KTM and also the CRF450 are mad bikes

different states different laws.
Qld states 250cc only, no bigger.
others will let you have some crazy bikes on your l's

may I suggest that if your doing 12k+ (is that each way or return?) on the road to maybe look at a motard as more of your k's will be on road then off road. I have a motard on basically full slicks and it will still handle the dirt, not as well as knobbies but I will absolutely kill any bike with knobbys on the road.

And if you are wanting to do more dual purpose road / dirt look at tyres like the Avon Distanza, good tyre both on and off road.

Latest posts

Back