Lifan 125 Wiring Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob4130

Reaction score
I recently bought a brand new 125 RS Pitster Pro engine for my crappy little SSR. I have been having some issues getting the thing wired up right. I have looked at a hundred different wiring diagrams, but I'm still missing something. I was able to get spark last night before I tore it all apart, but the engine would not fire, and it seems a bit tough to kick.

If anyone can help, please! I just wanna ride this thing. Here's what I'm working with:

photo-3.jpg

Two questions: Does this have to be bolted to the frame for a ground, or can I just run the two wires to the connections? Also, does the green eyelet wire need to go to frame ground, or engine ground?

photo-4.jpg

From the engine...
Black w/ Red
Red w/ White
Blue w/ White
Green w/ White
Green w/ Red

photo-5.jpg

From the CDI:
Black w/ White
Green
Black w/ Yellow
Pink
Red w/ White
Green w/ White
Red w/ Black

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!!

That's what I thought. I've seen the diagram you linked... I'm still confused about the wiring connections. If i had the schematic of the inside of the CDI, this would be a lot easier!!

Okay, so I need three wires from the engine, right? That's what I've been reading everywhere. Problem is, it seems that every engine/harness/cdi has different wire colors. I know GREEN is ground on this harness.

Or, can I just go off the POSITION of the wire connections on the CDI input plug??

its all in that diagram mate... clear as day..

from your stator you need
red/white
black/red
green/white
blue/white

the other is probly neutral switch..

and yeah just position the cdi plug as shown in the diagram

Back