Lifan gearbox probs?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrniceguy

Reaction score
My DHZ 140 with the 4 up tranny seems to go up through the gears ok (mostly) but when going down through the gears seems to find neutral and when it does find a gear it jumps into neutral when i accelerate? To get going again i have to come to a stop, get it into (actual) neutral, then start again. The motors fairly new so i dont really want to throw the whole lot out when it could be an easy fix. Any ideas?

Just sounds like your clutch needs adjusting,

With the bike idling and the clutch pulled in, put it in gear and see if it wants to keep walking forward....

If it keeps creeping forward, adjust your clutch cable, you wanna adjust it so the cable gets pulled up,

Just sounds like your clutch needs adjusting,

With the bike idling and the clutch pulled in, put it in gear and see if it wants to keep walking forward....

If it keeps creeping forward, adjust your clutch cable, you wanna adjust it so the cable gets pulled up,

if the cluth cable needs adjusting, thats not going to cause it to jump into neutral, all it will do is make it hard to change gears.

Latest posts

Back