my bike keeps boging down

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterjumper

Reaction score
Gday guys i have a dhz dpro with a 160 pitsterpro motor with a oko 26mm card and 8 times out of 10
After i hit a jump or go over some woops my bike will bog down, it feals like its not getting enough fuel but im not sure.
If u need any more info let me know

Cheers

Sounds like it may need the fuel/air mixture tweaked or the float bowl maybe lower than needed.

Yea i played with the mixture a bit couldnt really get anything out of it. Could it have something to do with the hight of the clip on the needle im the card

i'd be looking at the float level too, it could possibly be flooding it ?

what jets are you running, and what position is the clip on the needle ?

This site here explains what your carb does and were the jets and needle comes into play, if you read down the bottom to number 5 the jet needle this explains where the jet needle comes into play in the jist of things, but like craig i to would be checking float bowl levels.
http://www.dansmc.com/carbs2.htm

first off i'd undo the drain plug and check theres no water in there.

then consider raising the fuel level a touch.

flat slide carb? maybe check there... sucking air in around the top or summink.

only bogs after a big shakeup? hmmmmskis...

maybe even electrical, and your idea of it being fuel has thrown everyone off the scent, making this seem like a carb issue... check earths and connections.

Yea its a flat side and yea normally big hits sometimes little ones but i recon ill try the float since thats what everyone seems to think cheers for the help ill let i know how i go

I would say check no wires are earthing out

took me 3 months and a sudden stop in the middle of 3 lanes to work out my "bogging" whenever i took off hard at the lights was my sidestand switch failing, and not a gummy pilot jet...

if it wasnt for the bumps, id be inclined to think carb too, whereas anything intermittent makes me think vibration makes me think wiring. me myself, i always wire a pitty with a soldering iron, reducing the number of connectors to fail to the absolute minimum. and i always manage to remove about half of the wiring loom...

Latest posts

Back