need help with nitro tuning!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MITTZ

Reaction score
hi,
i was running my nitro buggie the other day and doing some jumps at the bike track. i warmed it up for a couple of minutes, just putting around on the flat but then as soon as i did a jump it would just stall when it landed every time unless i kept the throtle on a bit. and if i tryed to use the brakes it would stall.

i think it just needs to be tuned better, but im not exactly sure where to start! is there any sort of universal setting of the needles that i can start at? and how do i know when its too rich or lean? also could it be possable that my glow plug is to hot or cold?

cheers, andrew

what engine? always good practise to reset the hi/low speed needles back to a factory setting and go from there..

its a tamiya FR-15S

right, yeah ill reset it back to the factory settings, but how do i know which way to go with the tuning? maby ill just leave it at the factory settings if it dosnt stall :)

also i think theres fule leaking out of the engine somewere, because theres dirt and dust sticking to the plastic shell around the engine, could that be because its running to rich? ill tighten up all the bolts and see what happens!

tighten head bolts down, make sure plug is tight, no splits in fuel line.. carbie tight.. from there winding inwards will lean it out winding out will richen.. pretty sure anyway....

;) no worries.. is the engine a phantom engine is it!? only thing i can find is fantom fr15;s.... get a few pics up mate and might be able to help some more..

ok, forget about the tuning for a minute, iv got a new problem! last night i was blowing it off with the air compressor to clean away all the dirt and crap and now the wheels dont turn properly! they turn almost 1 revolution and then they jam! i think it might be the cluch bell or something????????? anyone got any ideas?

herse a link, this is my exact car:
1/10 XBG Nitro Thunder

crud in the clutchbell or in the spur gear mesh possibly?! best bet is to learn how it all goes together so you can pull it down within half hour and rebuild it and know when something goes wrong where the problem may lie.. kinda like a china bike :D

yeah, i know how it all goes together, its pretty eazy realy!

i thort i might just start it up and see what hapens and i did, and the wheels spin properly now, but theres still the problem with the fule leaking! i tightened everything up and im pretty sure its coming from the glow plug hole. the plug is as tight as it will go, so could it be the wrong plug or something??

i might take it to my local rc shop and see if they can help me out

does the glow plug have the little wahser on it still?? if so.. try flipping it over each time you have to take the plug out ;)

lol, dont ask questions1 just try it!! GARRR....
Party%20Pirates%20icon.jpg

lol.. they are only copper and really soft... flipping it each times means it 're-seats' against the head.... trust me....

Last edited:
mine cost about $500 (i probly got riped off, lol)

its heaps of fun when its running well, their eazy to pull uppart and fix, when u no what the problem is! and they can take a thrashing!! :D

see sheepys thread askin about rc's for my opinion.. but id go nitro to bash--monter truck big shocks, take a beating, flips,rolls, stackable...(losi lst2, hpi savage, traxxas revo etc) and elec for onroad and general easy clean fun :)

yeah, its really frustrating if you cant get it to start, thats the advantage of eletrics, you just turn them on and go

ok, i think iv found the sorce of all my problems! i took the exhaust off and the rubber gasket was shagged! it had a bit riped out of it and was split all the way around! and thats where the fule was leaking from and im guessing thats what was making it run like crap and stall all the time.

so now i just need to find a new gasket, tune it up and it should be good :D
with any luck ill be able to go to the rc shop on thursday and hopefully theyll have a gasket or be able to order 1 in!

Latest posts

Back