No pressure in rear brake

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

winterjumper

Reaction score
Gday guys question has prob been asked befor so sorry if it has
I decided to get the ****ty china brake fluid out of my brakes and tryed to do it all properly but now iv put it all back together and i got no pressure at all and dont know were i go from here PLEASE HELP weather this weekend is to good not to go ridin

most brakes on our bikes are pretty **** once they get air inside them.. i just replaced my front brake because i'd have a front brake then i wouldn't have a front brake.. was racing with that and desided just to not bother bleeding it and get a new one.
with some brakes you have a better chance winning the lottery then bleeding them to work. only succesfully done it once or twice. after a long time trying to make them work.
but if you get one of them presser pump things that can push the air out of the brake lines you have a much better chance of been successful.

Yea i was thinkin bout replacing mine anyway cos im gonna start racing next year but i rang dhz today and the recon there isnt any good brakes i can get with out customizing some stuff got a dhz dpro 160 so even advice on a new rear brake would be sweet

cheers

i'd go else were looking for a brake upgrade. lxr ones would be good but need modding.
could just get afew standard brakes

Hey bud, the backs can be an absolute mission to bleed.

Firstly remove the hose(from the master cylinder and caliper) and filler cap off the master cylinder, fill both sections full with fluid, hold your finger tight over the filler hole that the hose hooks up to, while pressing very tight push the brake lever up and down until the fluid pushes past the seal your finger is creating and you are unable to hold the pressure then fill both sections again(if there is no pressure, master cylinder is bad), now attach the hose and banjo bolt to the master cylinder and tighten but leave the filler cap off so you can fill the cylinder with fluid when it gets low, now holding the hose seal, the other end(caliper end) with your thumb and finger creating a tight seal, holding the hose below the master cylinder start pumping the brake lever and when depressing release the seal on the end of the hose with your finger slightly letting some air out but seal again before lever reaches bottom, and keep doing this until the pressure reaches a point you cannot hold it from pushing past your fingers, when this happens keep it sealed and hold the hose above the master cylinder, make sure the caliper is filled with fluid also(make sure the caliper is full of fluid where the hose attaches) still holding the hose above the master cylinder insert the banjo bolt and washers and then quickly attach the hose to the caliper, so it should all be back together.

Holding your thumb over the filler on the master cylinder start pumping your brakes up, after about ten presses on the lever loosen the nipple on the caliper and fluid should start running out of it if you did it right, do not pump the lever and let it gravity bleed, keep an eye on the filler as the fluid runs out filling it up(do not depress the lever at all while the nipple is loose), its a lot to take in but doing it in sections like this you know you have fluid in every part of the system, if it did not work try again.

Last edited:
Ok sick ill give it a try after work today and let u know how i go cheers for the help guys

You will find the air is trapped in the brake line in the lip just before the master cylinder. Try tapping the line while you bleed it

no good man still no pressure did it just how u wrote it and nothing, master cylinder is good dont know what else to do and im starting to loose my $#!t

Don't lose it dude, when you loosen the nipple does fluid flow or does it suck back in

wen i have the fill cap on it does nothing, wen its off then it flows but even wen i pump it with every thing closed and then loosen the nipple it does nothing does the position of the piston matter at all?

If the brakes where working before than the brake setting is fine and doesn't need adjusting, I meant when you loosen the nipple on the caliper does it fluid flow or suck in??

thats a good sign, undo the filler cap on the master cylinder, loosen the nipple on the caliper and let it gravity bleed without doing anything but fill the master cylinder up so it dont run out, if there is air in there still it will bubble out and if there is heaps it will stop flowing until the air bubbles comes out then it will flow again. let it gravity bleed for about a few minutes then tighten and replace the cap and push the brake lever up and down a fair bit and hopefully you have brakes

Aight iv given up for today but ill give it a crack tomora and let u know but im almost just gonna buy a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back