Which Carburetor?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no worries cactus... i'll be sure to let you know how it works out...
i also come across the link above lastnight on PM, interesting to know that the VM26'S have different baseline jetting..
also the VM26 i have measure's 27.95mm at the rear going into the intake
so it tapers out from the slide nearly 2mm...

That's exactly what the chinese copy VM-24's are out of the rear ... They are 24 mm in front of the slide , are bigger just after the slide , then taper out to 27.95 ... They look exactly like a VM-26 606 only they don't have the screw in hex cap under the float bowl ...

yep... mine has the hex cap and measure's 25.90 in front of the slide
so it's genuine..

Sagaone?? I need to know ASAP!

Cause I don't know if I should get the Mikuni 26mm '30' or the genuine Mikuni VM26.

wyldone to be honest i have'nt run my vm 26 yet .
but i would definatly go the genuine vm26 over the 30mm(26mm)
vm26's are suppose to be very easy to tune oppose to other carbs

The people who I was goin to buy the mikuni vm 26 carby (genuine) for 85 bucks, well it wanst genuine the dumb f***s! so ill have to get myelse f a mikuni mikuni '30'0 26mm carby.

for a start the mixture screw is on the side of the carb and easy to get at to adjust ... The "25" and "30" Mikunis are a PITA and you get burnt trying to tune 'em unless you are experienced ... LOL ... [/url]

i assume these are the breed of carb with the mixture screw at the bottom? an old mate used to work at parrys kawasaki, showed me his special screwdriver for these...
i used the tail of a model helicopter with the bevel gears...about 1/4 the price of the genuine thing from a bike shop...if you can find one... makes adjusting these things easy;)

pj sarsfield/gearco also sell premade right angle drives of countless sizes....

Last edited:
Hey guys only new here. Basically if i wanted to upgrade my current 18mm carbie to a 26mm mikuni. Does this mean i would need a 26mm manifold and would i have any problems attaching this to the engine where there is currently an 18mm manifold???

Latest posts

Back