pitpro 138 problem help plz

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey if its ur carbie, i had the exact same prob.. i just took it to the local autopro shop ( the new one on cnr of taylors and kings rd , u should know where it is divy) and told em to do a carbie tune up and service, cost me $70 the bike start straight away but then conced out coz i had no petrol lol:D oh and did ur bike come with a genuine NGK plug coz myne did.

i havnt put on a different air filter but ill put a different one on an check it seem it only bogs down between 3rd an 4th

hi if you didn't put a fuel filter on your bike there could of been dust or bits of shit in your tank etc. If you no what your doing pull the carby off the bike and at the bottom of the carby there should be 2 screw holding the bottom part of the carby together pull it apart and there should be a little gold jet which can get blocked if your shit get in your tank. once you have the jet in your hand hold it up to the light and see if its blocked 50% it is the problem and use a air compressor to blow what ever that is in there out. If that not the problem on the side of the carby there is a gold tunning screw which adjust the air and fuel flow into the carby play around with that.Maybe its getting to much air not enough petrol or the other way around. Give this a try which isn't hard to do and if it doesn't work your best taking it back to where you got the bike from and getting it fixed.

Hope it helps
Cheers Aztech

Last edited:
yeah ive allready cleaned out the carby jets they were clean so i will give the carby adjust screw tomorrow its probably a little off
ninetysix how do i check the flot height i didnt know they were adjustable

crazzy1 its melbourne so one day hot the next cold yesturday it was stinking hot today it rained its farrked lol

crazzy1 its melbourne so one day hot the next cold yesturday it was stinking hot today it rained its farrked lol[/QUOTE said:
TRUE THAT:D

Had same problem

G'day mate. I had the same problem with my 138. I fucked around for weeks trying to jet the thing just right but just could not be done. Stuck a 25ml mikuni with the stock 97.5 main jet out of the 30ml carby and it revs out fast and clean all the way to full throttle held on. I think the orginal 30ml I had was fucked. But I also think the 30ml is to big for the 138(127 really). I live 1000m above sea level so usally just have to lean off the needle 1 position to get good throttle response. Cheers bro, ride on.

start the bike and go for a quick 5 min ride to make sure the bikes up to temp then i turn the idle up from a lumpy slow idle to a faster smooth idle then wind the fuel screw all the way in then wind it out to 1 full turn and somewhere between one full turn and two turns the bike should start to run smoother and this should eliminate any flat spot, i can give mine full throttle from idle and it doesnt cough or stall it just revs freely, once you are happy with ya fuel mixture setting reset your idle screw, then go for a ride hold it flat out in top gear briefly then pull cluth in and hit the kill switch and come to a stop with ya brakes and pull the spark plug out and check the colour and if the bikes to lean or too rich usually an 1/8th of a turn either way on the mixture screw should get it right

should be able to adjust the floats on any carbs... but no idea what the stock height is supposed to be... there might be a notch that the float should line up with when the float valve is only just closed (not compressed)

if the needles are adjustable then it could well be worth playing with them, cause the idle mixture screw can only affect so much

Latest posts

Back