Which is the best engine brand?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benox

Reaction score
Hmm, which is the best?
This bike I want to buy says

PLEASE NOTE:
This bike has DUCAR engine. DUCAR is one of the biggest and most reputable engine manufacturers in China. In 2002, DUCAR initiated a joint venture with HONDA to develop engines and share technology. That is why there is similarity in in engine design between DUCAR and HONDA. Besides that, many of the parts used in DUCAR engine are the same parts used in HONDA engine.

Is this bullshit or true?

id go lifan but ducar is good if you look after it

depends wat u like better ducar 1 down 3 up decent lifan start in any gear and all up gears

The Motoverts have the Jailing motors in all of their bikes, but I'd go Lifan over Ducar for sure

Get a Honda engine but Lifan over Ducar deffinately.

PLEASE NOTE:
This bike has DUCAR engine. DUCAR is one of the biggest and most reputable engine manufacturers in China. In 2002, DUCAR initiated a joint venture with HONDA to develop engines and share technology. That is why there is similarity in in engine design between DUCAR and HONDA. Besides that, many of the parts used in DUCAR engine are the same parts used in HONDA engine.

Is this bullshit or true?

thats bullshit honda engines shits all over ducar and lifan put together lol

<3 Jayden.

<3 PJ <3

8========> (o)
Me PJ

All Japs pieces are no to be included in this comparison coz as it would be not fair to Chinese industry since most famous brands have already gone way pass the empirical understand of their technology. For Chinese motor I'd say

GPX USA
Jaling
Lifan
No so much about D, since its just the sub version from longxing, which I rather stick with the original Longxing that only if I don’t have any other choices.

Also I don’t want to be rude or anything, but think that ducar has nothing to do with Honda. The only exclusive tactic partner that HOnda got in China is Jialing since 70s, which would simply explain why AMA pro racing would designate Jialing to manufactory the GPX USA standard LV race engine, which also is the engine used on the Pisterpro.

Ducar went bust u cnt get parts no more for them
lifan 140cc oilcooled are shit the engine cracks nd shears teeth off the kikstarter
jailing engines are the best dats wat the braaaap mestro runs ive had no problems with myn but my 140 lifan i had problems

thats bullshit honda engines shits all over ducar and lifan put together lol

You mean a stock Honda engine shits all over a stock China engine..., or a couple of thousand dollars worth of Takagawa or Kitaco internals inside Honda cases shits all over a stock China engine?

Also GPX is just what the SGR group have stamped on their jailing engines.

Last edited:
You mean a stock Honda engine shits all over a stock China engine..., or a couple of thousand dollars worth of Takagawa or Kitaco internals inside Honda cases shits all over a stock China engine?

Yeh stock honda will outlast any china engine. Give the same capacity, because you can't compare a 50cc honda with a 140 lifan, but if you compare a china 50cc with a honda 50cc there is NO comparison. Honda hands down..Mack you must sell chinas or something cause you love them so much its disgusting. They are made from cheese and they don't last.

I of course agree the honda engine is built with greater quality control. I was taking this as a performance comparison.
All the engines listed are using Honda's design, no one can take that from them. This is the only reason for even remote success of the China engine companies. I have, and have had engines from all over the world at various times, i am not stuck on branding. I replace nearly most parts in my engines and add my own engineering, name brand parts, custom parts, china parts where acceptable. Even some OE Honda bits! So in the end its the original design that is important to me and how much its going to cost me to do it. So yes i am loving the China engines cause they have great Honda design (110 nice) and i can afford to have a heap of them laying around for experimentation and spares.
All i am really preferring, is to mix and match my internals and improve on the Honda designed engine the way I want, rather than just pay an aftermarket parts company big bucks for one of 'their' bolt on kits. Same goes for the whole bike. The fact that China is copying an already modded bike is very handy.
You gotta admit China has put a heck of a lot of bums on bikes lately and they are rapidly sorting the quality issues. Thanks for the R & D Honda!

You gotta admit China has put a heck of a lot of bums on bikes lately and they are rapidly sorting the quality issues. Thanks for the R & D Honda![/QUOTE]

I agree they have put alot of bums on bikes, only problem is when the $800 china breaks down the bum that owns it won't pay $200 to fix it! Therefor I think it hasn't helped the minibike industry even a little bit. My two cents.

Latest posts

Back