air filter oil ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_blooded

Reaction score
hey,
Im receiving an Atomik Reign 140cc, and was wondering about air filter oil. When is the best time to oil it? because i was told to oil it as soon as i get it, to stop it from blowing smoke after the first few runs. But my old man seems to think that oiling it will only make it choke.
any answers will be a great help. Cheers

every 3 tanks of petrol/ wash ur air filter and then put air filter oil on it.

If its a new bike it probably wont have a pre oiled filter.... just a foam one.... so no need to worry... if it does... read above lol

^^^^^ what he said.
don't go by tanks of fuel or hours ridden, some places are dustier than others.

it won't choke it whatsoever. an un oiled foamy will let in a fair amount of unwanted dust (have seen grains of sand in the "two stage" air filters the reigns have when not oiled)

just remember to squeeze/rub all excess oil out of the foam then check inside the filter, alot of the time you still end up with a puddle in there

^^^^^ what he said.
don't go by tanks of fuel or hours ridden, some places are dustier than others.

it won't choke it whatsoever. an un oiled foamy will let in a fair amount of unwanted dust (have seen grains of sand in the "two stage" air filters the reigns have when not oiled)

just remember to squeeze/rub all excess oil out of the foam then check inside the filter, alot of the time you still end up with a puddle in there

wow.
can tell you look afer your bike mate good on ya ;)

some of my mates give me greif over being pedantic about things like this but it only takes 5mins and can be the difference between it running below standard or running sweet and giving them a hiding round the track :)

some of my mates give me greif over being pedantic about things like this but it only takes 5mins and can be the difference between it running below standard or running sweet and giving them a hiding round the track :)

Keep it up mate ....... then you can laugh at all ya' mates when their motors pack it in or start blowing smoke long before their time ....... :p

I claen my filter before every ride. Buy a bunch of them and clean them in bulk. Just a 5 second job to swich it before you ride.

Latest posts

Back