neutral drops into gear ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelo

Reaction score
When im pusing the bike in neutral sometimes it drops into gear, is this normal as the bikes new ?.

Thanks.

Last edited:
No idea sorry. Now there is this strange clicking sound coming from the gearbox that sounds like a heart beat

Hows your clutch adjustment? if its not disengageing the gears properly it will certainly hang on to the fingers on the selector drum and then jump from one gear to the next making it difficult to get neutral. try going for a lighter viscosity gear oil......

I just put 3 litres of mineral 15W 50 in there and its still not full, do i fill it to the brim ?

nupp go silkolene 10w 40 semi synthetic and you should only need around 1 litre.
use the dipstick to check the level when its screwed all the way down and make sure the bike is on a flat level ground and level sideways as well.

sorry 15w 50 is ok but semi synthetic is supposed to be better.

Newb here sorry, i though it would need to be filled to the brim. When i started it after the new oil is was making a funny sound like it was grasping for air.

yea that jumping gears problem happens to me too, when you roll it it feels fine but then when you kick it it jumps forward?? my friends did it too once, and he was facing downhill. it was so funny. lol.

I just put 3 litres of mineral 15W 50 in there and its still not full, do i fill it to the brim ?

NO NO NO NO NO

THEY ONLY TAKE 1LTR OF OIL DUDE U DONT FILL IT TO THE TOP BLOODY HELL IF YOU RAN YOUR BIKE AND IT WAS FULL IT BUGGERS IT

YOU ONLY PUT 1LITRE OF OIL IN IT NOT 3 LITRES GEEZ

ON THE DIPSTICK ITS GOT A MARK YOU FILL IT TO

NOW U HAVE TO DRAIN OUT 2 LITRES OF OIL MATE

I DIDNT THINK ANYONE COULD BE THIS DUMB SEROUSLY

I DIDNT THINK ANYONE COULD BE THIS DUMB SEROUSLY

I know of a first year Mechanic who did this to a customers car! For a punter to do it is silly but for a apprentice who you would think should have some idea that is dumb.

damn not 3ltrs, my but is jumping out of 3rd gear ive heard of some kit to help this but cant find chit.. is this related to this maybe

Latest posts

Back