Postie Bike with oil cooled 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Well done that man!
My Lifan 140 is going in this weekend. Mostly courtesy of DrATV. I'm not great with electrics so that's my stumbling block even with the diagrams from cooperimports. No problems for you? I'm starting with a 18 front sprocket but also tempted with a 37 rear (ebay from California). Each gives a 20% gearing up. I'll post with what works best when I'm run in.

hey, i was looking at doing a similar conversion and continuing to use on the road.
the only things that stopped me were lighting and frame modification.

So, you can probably answer this for me - does the 140cc donk bolt straight in?
i have heard that it is about 5-10 mm out in the bottom bolt hole.
2nd question, do your lights/blinkers/horn work? if so, what did you need to change or did it all work?

looking forward to your answers, and congrats on a nice conversion job :)
Err, more complicated than it first appears. You'll need new lower mounting adaptor brackets, an adaptor plate for the footpegs, clutch lever and cable (DrATV), new harness for the new CDI and coil (ebay), and new sprockets (ebay) to gear it up to use the extra power; and the lights etc. are not a problem. You then need to take it to an automotive engineer to certify its roadworthiness and then it's legal.

Why are the oil cooler lines up at the head instead of hooked up under the clutch housing??? I've done the same thing as you . Does anyone know of stator output on that engine??? I want to put a bulb w H-4 replaceable bulbs 50/65 watts. Will the lifan handle that???

:) Yes the bottom bolt are slightly out by about 10mm, as far as the wiring goes the wires are a colour match except for the black/white which you need to join to the blue/white. All lights etc will work as standard.

hey, i was looking at doing a similar conversion and continuing to use on the road.
the only things that stopped me were lighting and frame modification.

So, you can probably answer this for me - does the 140cc donk bolt straight in?
i have heard that it is about 5-10 mm out in the bottom bolt hole.
2nd question, do your lights/blinkers/horn work? if so, what did you need to change or did it all work?

looking forward to your answers, and congrats on a nice conversion job :)

hmm i've been contemplating this...just need to find a donor for my lifan 140 BVH motor :)

?????????

:) Yes the bottom bolt are slightly out by about 10mm, as far as the wiring goes the wires are a colour match except for the black/white which you need to join to the blue/white. All lights etc will work as standard.

thanks for the info ,i dont know much about these engines ,a mate of mine has a ct 110 which has had a bottom end go so we considered putting one of these in as it is cheaper than rebuilding the 110.as for reliability how are they , with the ignition system can you use the std coil and cdi from the postie bike ,do these engines run a charging stator im guessing they do from your post, iwas hoping that original inlet manifold and exhaust bolt straight on, if any one can help it would be much appreciated
cheers Darren

Nice. That would open the postie up a bit aye. Them ct110 motor is so slow.

fuck off so slow, they might have no grunt but there quick, my mate dinked me on the back fo his postie in the new estate on the road cahsing after our mate in the car fogot his phone. we were doing 85-90km/h. took a wile but it got to that speed

hey mate just wondering what u did in regards to getting the bottom bolt sorted? Also what other troubles did u encounter? Im looking at doin this to mine so ne help would be appreciated cheers

Hi there i was wondering if you were able to keep the charging system for the battery and lights. The bike looks great by the way

wee, old posts... i started doing my old c90 and went...meh...damn bolts... and um, an engineer mentioned $1400 to certify it...

maybe my mates dad that i havent seen in like 4 years?

nice frame here if anyone wants it:p might be getting an old c50(ct50?) in a day or two as well... at least the chinas bolt in to them no worries...or so ive heard...

why is everyone so keen on running bloody 17/18 fronts with a 37 back? you need the power to get the speed then... so you actually end up going slower than using say a 16.... thats my experience... if you were pulling 15 horsies, maybe worth it...

Back