Site SO SLOWWW!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the middle mouse button to open up like 20 threads at a time and i actually have to wait like 15 mins for it to load but on a site like ebay they load straight away.

My internet is 10MBps

Its fine this morning now, (i dont turn my pc off at nights, so it wasnt that causing it)

the problem i have is that when i come onto the site it never displays recent posts and i have to refresh to see what there is

and also when i click on a sections say mini chat, it only displays posts from the last time i was here and i again have to refresh to bring up the new ones

its pretty annoying and it doesnt happen on any other forum except this one

You need to change your Caching settings in your browser. What sounds to be happening is your browser only downloads a copy of the website when it thinks the site is updated - if you make it think this site is updating all the time, you won't get that problem.

Otherwise, you could clear your cache. Here are some guides on how to do it for most popular browsers: Clearing Cache

Hope that helps...

Hey guys,

It seems to be affecting some more than others. I'm capped to 64k here and pages are loading pretty quick (20 seconds at most) for me whilst others like Sidney and Geezus are struggling to load pages in under a few mins. What ISPs are you with?

We're running the site on a virtual private server in the US. I know that sometimes with Optus, their International link has been screwed and sites over there grind to a halt when we load them here.

Another thing, and more likely, is we have a lot of objects on the pages, I think I'll have to take some things off. If you have problems like this elsewhere, you can setup your browsers to request multiple objects at once (similar to Sidney opening 20 different threads at once).

In the meantime, I'll reduce the number of objects you need to request when loading our pages.

Thanks for leeting me know guys!

Maybe just have the pages all black and take away those redirecting pages?

i find the .gif ads take time to load
maybe those mso ads need to be simplified
but i'm on optus so as said above this could be the problem
it could be all the sh1t that sidney puts on the server
maybe you could lessen the amount of replies that load on each page it would make for quicker i reckon

i find the .gif ads take time to load
maybe those mso ads need to be simplified
but i'm on optus so as said above this could be the problem
it could be all the sh1t that sidney puts on the server
maybe you could lessen the amount of replies that load on each page it would make for quicker i reckon

One of the big things that take a long time to load is user signatures. They can be disabled by visiting:

User CP | Edit Options | Thread Display Options

That will fix it too. The main issue at hand here is the forum's skin. I'm not particulalry fond of it either. I'm pushing to get the forum themed ASAP. I can't promise anything yet, but speed will be a major consideration especially after this little episode!

I really appreciate the notice guys.

the picture gallery wont work for me lately too,

it wont let me edit existing gallery, i added a pic, but deleting etc it just says (deleting in progress) and stays like that for ever,

Cheers

is anyone on dodo?? LOL
geezus18 your running ADSL 2 rite?
any good ?? how much u pay a month ?? i take it your with telstra?

the picture gallery wont work for me lately too,

it wont let me edit existing gallery, i added a pic, but deleting etc it just says (deleting in progress) and stays like that for ever,

Cheers

Have you got the link to the pics there? I'll take a look for you...

well i was going to put a post about this

but seems im no the only person

the site is slow as a wet weekend (top site tho)

im with internode on dslam and still this site take 30 to 40 secs to load

theres just way to much crap that loads on every page

csn you look at some of this as im sure it doent all get clicxked and remove the unpopular stuff

reall annyuoing the slowness of this sit e

I've got access to ADSL2+ with fast upload and download speed, and this site is the slowest to load of any I visit.

:(

Its not all the stuff on the page it has to load, I can still load it in a second with dail-up...

I'm using Firefox. Does that make any difference? Never had any probs with FF since leaving IE behind

I'm using Firefox as well. This site is slow using Firefox and I think some functions don't work with Firefox like when you click "search" nothing happens so you have to right click search and "open link in new window" for it to work.

yes some of the functions don't work with Firefox but it should load just as fast if not slightly faster with Firefox over IE.

When this thread was 1st opened i did notice it was a little slow but i don't think there's any problem anymore.

I have the same problem with the search on this website using firefox but it doesnt bother me.

Might have to do with your IP's, try using a proxy maybe. I had this problem on another forum and the admin said it was to do with my IP and he fixed it. It was ok with a proxy though.

Back