Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon we need a shootout between Jack, Kosta and myself. 190, TB 201 and stock head 201. Kosta's bike, to me, feels like it has way more power than mine, but the one 190 I have ridden didn't feel too wild yet at the last VCM Jack beat Kosta to the line out of the last corner by half a bike length. We all know mine needs much more carby, I want it to scare me, it doesn't now. I'm with you Zac, if I had the coin i would go 70mm 190, cause you can.

i found these the other day, pretty cheap too.
but they are 70.7mm, could be ok if you can find an O/S piston and rings to suit.
guess you could always get Wiseco or whoever to make a couple of custom ones....

$_12.JPG

i found these the other day, pretty cheap too.
but they are 70.7mm, could be ok if you can find an O/S piston and rings to suit.
guess you could always get Wiseco or whoever to make a couple of custom ones....

$_12.JPG
70.7mm on inner dia? or outer?
Already cutting the cases pretty thin at 67mm

that's the inner diameter's
my machinst said he can fit them in the standard 60mm cylinders, and that they'll be fine

hmmmm this sounds intreaging!
well
shes getting somewhere....
IMG_20140809_194337_zps1b6iae9o.jpg

this is where i managed to puncture the the tubes, marked with silver paint!
IMG_20140809_184656_zpst8ddnopm.jpg

sanded the fork guards back and gave them a fresh coat of flat black(this pic they haven't dried yet)
IMG_20140809_184622_zpskyv7u3hl.jpg

Looky looky i managed to get these tires off!!!
IMG_20140809_184610_zpsup7kegrw.jpg

12'' tyres.. the worst to remove Same with 10''
Cant say i have managed to pinch a tube (just carefull) But i probably will not do it again unless its a night before raceday $10 - $20 well spent paying someone else to do it on there machine :p

well, thanks to snaptrax, i was told you could use electrical tape to substitute for rim tape, thinking earth coloured tape might help it stick to the ground??? :p
and i cleaned up the front rim tape and chucked her on, i think a set of tubes and then tread should follow, or should i say thread!!! that was terrible.....
IMG_20140810_220623_zpsxtfd2bti.jpg

on that forum there is a few saying yes, and a few saying no
my IT has rim lock's fitted from factory, and they are under the rim lock.
my Thumpstar and Fuse rims had them under the rim lock too.
guess it's up to you

photo from Dirtrider, tape is on the rim under the lock

15512036.jpg

bortirovka_34.jpg

also, how will you push the rim lock in to fit the tyre if it is taped to the rim with insulation tape ?

hmm... i see, it serves the same purpose in my eyes....whether its over or under.
i was just gunna go up the street and get them put on with a machine, that way i dont scratch the shiny wheels.... if that makes sense?

hmm... i see, it serves the same purpose in my eyes....whether its over or under.
i was just gunna go up the street and get them put on with a machine, that way i dont scratch the shiny wheels.... if that makes sense?
that certainly makes sense, or so you don't slip and smack yourself in the face :p :rolleyes:

Haha Loco.
If you have electrical tape like that how are you going to put the tyre on as you cant move the rimlock in and out to position it.
I would have used nitto black tape but you know multi- colour is cool too haha

Peter Stevens. $15 a tyre and there on. They pay for the tube if they pinch it. WIN. :)

well its home now!! and something already needs to be fixed....
IMG_20140816_191844_zpshxwt86c3.jpg

crf70/atomik nitrous in the back of a magna!
IMG_20140816_191850_zpsacyz0ezu.jpg

LOOK AT THIS!!! THE KID IS IN THE POO NOW!

IMG_20140816_192441_zpsl3cg0wcf.jpg

IMG_20140816_194123_zps0jcsdvx8.jpg

^snaptrax's new crf70 frame!
IMG_20140816_194149_zps93dt74tv.jpg

ripped the clutch cover off to investermagate!
IMG_20140816_202257_zpshgftuttr.jpg
and that would be the gear selector shaft!!!
do you have to remove the clutch unit to remove it?
cheers!

Last edited:
yeah the clutch needs to come off to slide the shaft out the clutch side of the engine
it shouldn't be too hard to find another gear selector shaft

be careful taking it out too, it might get tight if you don't try and straighten the shaft first.

yeah the clutch needs to come off to slide the shaft out the clutch side of the engine
it shouldn't be too hard to find another gear selector shaft

be careful taking it out too, it might get tight if you don't try and straighten the shaft first.

4inch grinder will do?
20mm before the casing?

yeah, stator cover on or off ?
if off, make sure you wrap up the flywheel/stator in a rag so it wont attract the sparks/filings

and be sure to debur the freshly cut end of the shaft before you pull it through the seal, cases

Back