The I'm just doing thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nar haven't got pictures :( Only story, Was four stiches. Poked in near as deep as it was long, or so it looked like!
Bit amazing it doesn't happen more often. As I've got a wild animal in one hand and a machine in other!
Only 2nd time I've cut myself bad shearering in 17 years! So not doing to bad :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor old geoff handles his lamb chops like he does hes 50s. Pics please.

If it aint broke, break it.

Poor old geoff handles his lamb chops like he does hes 50s. Pics please.
Didn't get any photos at the time, bit slack i know :( . Jagger'd cut like 4cm long, trying to stop bleeding as gathering tooth pock'd in deep!. & 1st thought was o crap i wount to go racing me bike on weeknd. :(

^^ Wasn't long at all really , around hour maybe. Northing like watt could of bean thats for shore!. Got in pot stichers in then sent me off home.

i've just put the finishing touches on a custom, one off, fibreglass rear fender for my mates '83 RM80XD Suzuki.
made fully from scratch, with no fender to copy, took approximately 20 hours from start to finish.

thanks Shearer,

I'll get a pic of it when i fit it up to his bike too.

i slipped with the 9" sander today, i was fixing the seat foam on my mates RM80
i had to sand the foam back smooth, where the vinyl cover had torn, and the foam had rubbed away.
the 80grit sandpaper disc grabbed the rubberised foam and threw the sanding disc into my knee.
straight through my pants, and sliced a nick out of me, 5mm deep, 50mm long.
i could see the meaty lumps etc.
thought stitches ? nah, superglue will fix it.
i have being glueing my cuts etc back together for 30 odd years now, it's good stuff, and you can get back to work straight away.

Is there nothing you can't fix/repair Craig??? :action-smiley-035: Shearer should of taken a leaf out of your book, instead he went to hospital, just for a little cut.... What a girl :lol_hitting: (Sorry mate.....)

lol,
yeah i get that on the Ford Forums as well.

i did this one last year around november,
i sliced it with an Olfa knife, 2 days after i had surgery on 2 fingers of my left hand

and all fixed again,

i had surgery to fix up 2 trigger fingers on my hand, if i made a fist or closed my hand, my index and the one next to my little finger would click, and lock up.
the finger next to my little finger would lock closed, and sometimes i couldn't open it for 3 or 4 days.
hard to work, and hard to get your wallet out of your pocket.
showering was fun too, trying to was your hate, and with it being bent like a hook, it'd catch on everything!

and you can see, i listened to the surgeon, and didn't work for 2 weeks after the operation, lol

this is where they cut to fix the tendons, i watched them do it too, i could see the nodules on the tendons that were causing the locking up
inside of my hand looked like cutting open a raw chop, :laughing-smiley-002
they shaved the tendons back smooth, and made the straps that hold them in bigger too.

my hand isn't much good now, especially for panel beating.
but i guess that comes with the job, i always hold a block of steel with my left hand when i'm belting flat a piece of steel.
so the constant impacts etc, have wrecked my hand.

and over the last month, my second finger has started locking up too.
dont think i'll have this one fixed.

oh yeah, just remember,
'If it's Selleys, it Works'

and here is that finger tip 2 days after glueing it up, ithe day i had my stiches out from the op.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh I f kd my index finger like a year ago but just had k wires hangin out had to learn how to use it again cant really make a fist no more :mad:

SO i guess this is like wogs and windex??? BAHAHAHAHAH :D
nah mate hope ya hand isnt to s**t
yeah my dad is a sheet fabricator by trade ..... he told me one time where he was using the guillotine and he was working with a mate cause it was a large sheet... so he was lining it up and his mate.. was a tadd quick and it went chop!!! lol .... whats the first thing ya try to do??? pull it out before it gets ya.... thats what he did .... didnt make it.............. he chopped the tip of his ring finger off plus the whole finger nail.... ouchys :p
yer sellys is good but how is it at polishing turds???

fml thats like when I was lil I played footy with a kid that had half an arm :( his dad was a butcher and yeh I guess that's how he lost the other half but he was a really good footy player was on aca cos he couldn't go profensional poor fella

Is there nothing you can't fix/repair Craig??? :action-smiley-035: Shearer should of taken a leaf out of your book, instead he went to hospital, just for a little cut.... What a girl :lol_hitting: (Sorry mate.....)

Seams that way.. Im just piss'd didn't get photo of my cut! to show off! :(
Doc glue'd mine up , lasted 3 days n split open again.

Bean in war's Craig, Looks like can handle it well! Im not sold on the glue idea yet! lol

Shearer, if i don't have a few new cuts etc each day, i haven't done enough work, lol

Super glue was originally made for surgical use, during world war 1.
they needed something to help join livers back together, as they were too soft to stitch up, it thread would pull through.
a surgeon invented it and it's still used now.
a lot of hospital emergency rooms use it too, they ask whether you want it stitched/stapled of glued.

Latest posts

Back