Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problems. Mate your bike has more problems then the maestro. You know like not even having a motor hahaha

lol! yes that is snaptrax's little nugget....JKS good suspension DNM allround and frame... but the engine needs a new shift drum and kickstart gears/shaft

You're probably just touching it wrong.

A bit of an update on your head.
The exhaust post is all done, the the combustion chamber around the exhaust valve has been de-shrouded, and the air cooling ports have been deburred/opened up.
Not much to go now.

Just the valve seat's left to grind, and a quick sandblast to clean it up externally, then it's ready to go.

nah i'll just give them a quick grind with one of my valves and some paste, to check they are good.

this head should give the TB headed boys a run for their money, you just need some decent springs for them

55 bucks!! not bad! looks like im doing that hey? what about the 3rd? from the bottom? due to "std bore"
its all about valve weight and max desired rpm..
But the limit is i would stick to stock unless you like replacing stock rocker arms..
Roller rockers will take quite a bit of abuse with the right cam etc..

so my originals will be fine??

i would run stock for piece of mind, maybe a yx spring if i wanted the extra rpm but i think with the tb springs you would want to carry a spare rocker on hand.. And up at that rpm you want a roller rocker anyway so you are not fighting the power you want to produce.

The rev limit will be a little low however adjustments can go a little further between and less likely to break..

Then later on when you want to do both on your 1st piston rebuild and then throw a tb/akunar cam s35 with roller rockers and then off you go plenty of power. (with the springs)

The only time you need to think about better springs is more rake/lift on your cam and or your valves are heavier (assuming you want the same ammount of RPM) More rpm requires stronger springs but these rockers have been known to snap under stock yx spring pressure so that is why i suggest being on the safe side :D You hold one in your hand and a roller rocker in your other hand and you can see why :D

Ok cheers for that zwebx, yeah i reckon i'll hold off on the new springs and roller rocker and s35 cam atm... the wallet is a tad empty, still gotta shell out some cash for the other woman :p yes... little loco is in a relationship :p

He/she can show you some fine headwork in return for the moneys :D
Good work man

i would run stock for piece of mind, maybe a YX spring if i wanted the extra rpm but i think with the tb springs you would want to carry a spare rocker on hand.
it already has YX springs, it's a YX160

Back