Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ignitionsystem_zps682dc141.jpg

Yeah i did.
There's not a lot of progress yet.
I have pulled the studs out, blasted it clean and marked it up etc
But it will be in the back of an Australian Post truck later this week.

Cheers mate! really appreciate it!! like i couldn't of got it done with your input!! (no the build isnt over!!)
also had a go at drilling the holes out on the rocker arms.. that aint gunna work... lol! its just to tuff for the drill bits... LOL...

Holes are for air cooling + alot of casting slag but its not crucial so nothing to worry about

and they'll be a lot bigger by the time i'm finished with them too.
a lot of people forget they are primarily an Air Cooled engine, assisted by oil cooling.

LOL i had no idea.. i thought it went through and into the actual ports...
hmmm... i might be able to afford some more hours put into it?? 1 more.. so 5hrs all up

Last edited:
nah, it's so heat from the back of the combustion chamber and from the spark plug can be drawn away from the head
it doesn't take much to open them up to what they should be again.

i fitted a couple of my valves into the guides and they are both good

your head is getting there, almost halfway done

these 2 pics were taken after finishing with the cutting burr.

these 2 shots are taken after a bit of work with a grinding stone (not 100% finished )

I hope you've checked inside your exhaust pipe at the header, to check there's no big daggy welds there to restrict the flow.
And have you match ported / de-dagged your intake manifold ?

Did you get new gaskets for the exhaust and intake ?

yeah ive been working on the intake here and there i'll see what can do! and yeah ive got new gaskets and i've gotta have a squiz in the pipe... i'll try do that now! :D

Back